Athena Center for Advanced Research in Healthcare (ACARH) brings together senior researchers from various prestigious health institutions in a new integrated mandate for quality healthcare research, with the aim of strengthening the evidence for interventions to improve health, with a strong emphasis Public health interventions, Material sciences, pharmacology and dentistry. The center is built around a set of research projects led by senior researchers with expertise in public health, material sciences, epidemiology, Pharmacology, medicinal products ,survey/evaluation research and health economics. The center links teams across several universities in South Asia, Malaysia, Europe and the Middle East.
- Keep health equity and the determinants of health on the National/ International agenda
- Translate knowledge to policy makers and stakeholders and promote evidence-based decision making across various research institutions, hospitals and universities
- Increase collaborations between European health institutions and institutes in developing countries to adapt to and solve pressing health needs of the 21st century.
- Improve the sustainability of health systems by investment in health promotion Disease prevention and public health.
Members associated with Athena Research Center have been given the mandate to improve the usefulness and quality of research linking design to health outcomes through deliberative partnership with other entities, collectively equipped to
- strengthen the design and health knowledge base by documenting and disseminating peer-reviewed research
- develop evidence-based tools for practicing professionals informed by current research
- translate the outcomes of research for policymakers and the general public The center works with affiliates to identify and develop opportunities for funding, publishing, and translating research that connects design decisions with health outcomes. Coordinated efforts across the Consortium benefit