Professor Francesco Amenta
Francesco Amenta, M.D. is Full Professor of Anatomy and Pharmacology in the School of Medicinal and Health Products Pharmacy at the University of Camerino, Camerino, Italy. He is also Dean of the School. Professor Amenta attended the University of Rome, where he graduated as Doctor of Medicine and Surgery with the highest honors in 1977. He received his specialist degree in neurology in 1981, again with the highest honors. Professor Amenta is truly a renaissance man and a knowledge powerhouse according to his colleagues and students. Amenta’s sole focus in life is the creation and dissemination of knowledge
Since 1978 Professor Amenta he has been teaching and doing research. From 1984 to 1992 he was a member of the Department of Public Health and Cell Biology at the University of “Tor Vergata”, Rome. In November 1992 he assumed his present position at the University of Camerino. He also has professional associations with universities in the U.S., U.K., Germany, and Hungary and has been a consultant to several pharmaceutical companies and to the European Economic Community. From November 2013 he was elected Dean of the School of Medicinal and Health Products Pharmacy.
In 1995 Professor Amenta was appointed as scientific director of the non-profit foundation Centro Internazionale Radio Medico (CIRM). CIRM is the Italian Telemedical Maritime Assistance Service (TMAS) and offers medical advice to ships and planes without a doctor on board. CIRM is the historical institution of Italian telemedicine being established in 1935 and represents the TMAS with the largest experience in the world in assisting patients on board of seagoing vessels. At CIRM Professor Amenta started an applied research activity for improving the quality of medical care in favour of seafarers. This included also the promotion of telemedicine education for the different actors of medical assistance at sea. Since 2011 Professor Amenta has served as the President of C.I.R.M and worked on dozens of projects related to telemedicine, telepharmacy and teledentistry. In the meantime the Telemedicine Center at the University of Camerino , Italy has produced several high quality Ph.D scholars and graduates in the field of Telemedicine under Francesco Amenta. Professor Amenta has authored over 600 research articles on various fields of medicine, telemedicine, neurology, Dentistry and all aspects of human health over the course of his illustrious career along with several books.
- A Comprehensive Machine-Learning Model Applied to Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) to Predict Alzheimer’s Disease (AD) in Older Subjects Battineni, Gopi; Chintalapudi, Nalini; Amenta, Francesco; Traini, Enea JOURNAL OF CLINICAL MEDICINE; 2020; Vol. 9; [ Article ]
- Brain alterations in high fat diet induced obesity: Effects of tart cherry seeds and juice Micioni Di Bonaventura, MV; Martinelli, I .; Moruzzi, M .; Micioni Di Bonaventura, E .; Giusepponi, ME; Polidori, C .; Lupidi, G .; Tayebati, SK; Amenta, F .; Cifani, C .; Tomassoni, D. NUTRIENTS; 2020; Vol. 12; Pages: 623 – [ Article ]
- Cardiovascular changes related to metabolic syndrome: Evidence in obese ⦁ zucker⦁ rats Martinelli, I .; Tomassoni, D .; Moruzzi, M .; Roy, P .; Cifani, C .; Amenta, F .; Tayebati, SK INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF MOLECULAR SCIENCES; 2020; Vol. 21; Pages: 2035 – [ Article ]
- Choline-containing phospholipids and treatment of adult-onset dementia disorders Amenta, Francesco; Battineni, Gopi; Traini, Aeneas; Pallotta, Graziano 2020; Pages: 1 -1920 [ Volume contribution (chapter or essay) ]
- Consequences of COVID-19 Outbreak in Italy: Medical Responsibilities and Governmental Measures Ricci, Giovanna; Pallotta, Graziano; Sirignano, Ascanio; Amenta, Francesco; Nittari, Giulio FRONTIERS IN PUBLIC HEALTH; 2020; Vol. 8; Pages: 1 -6 [ Article ]
- Effects of ⦁ Prunus⦁ ⦁ cerasus⦁ L. Seeds and Juice on Liver ⦁ Steatosis⦁ in an Animal Model of Diet-Induced Obesity Martinelli, Ilenia; Micioni Di Bonaventura, Maria Vittoria; Moruzzi, Michele; Amantini, Consuelo; Maggi, Federica; Gabrielli, Maria Gabriella; Fruganti, Alessandro; Marchegiani, Andrea; Dini, Fabrizio; Marini, Carlotta; Polidori, Carlo; Lupidi, Giulio; Amenta, Francesco; Tayebati, Seyed Khosrow; Cifani, Carlo; Tomassoni, Daniele NUTRIENTS; 2020; Vol. 12; Pages: 1-18 [ Article ]
- Obesity and age-related changes in the brain of the obese ⦁ Zucker⦁ ⦁ Lepr⦁ ⦁ fa⦁ / ⦁ fa⦁ rats TOMASSONI, Daniele; MARTINELLI, ILENIA; MORUZZI, MICHELE; MICIONI DI BONAVENTURA, Maria Vittoria; CIFANI, Carlo; AMENTA, Francesco; TAYEBATI, Seyed Khosrow NUTRIENTS; 2020; [ Article ]
- Telemedicine Practice: Review of the Current Ethical and Legal Challenges. Nittari, Giulio; Khuman, R; Baldoni, Simone; Pallotta, Graziano; Battineni, Gobi; Sirignano, Ascanio; Amenta, Francesco; Ricci, Giovanna. JOURNAL AND E-HEALTH TELEMEDICINE; 2020; Vol. 26; Pages: 1427 -1437 [ Article ]
- Volume Analysis of Brain Cognitive Areas in Alzheimer’s Disease: Interim 3-Year Results From the ASCOMALVA Trial Traini, Enea; Carotenuto, Anna; Maria Fasanaro, Angiola; Amenta, Francesco JOURNAL OF ALZHEIMER’S DISEASE; 2020; Vol. 76; Pages: 317 -329 [ Article ]
- a-Lipoic Acid Reduces Iron-induced Toxicity and Oxidative Stress in a Model of Iron Overload Camiolo, G; Tibullus, D; Giallongo, C; Roman, A; Parrinello, NL; Musumeci, G; Di Rosa, M; Vicar, N; Brundo, MV; Amenta, F; Ferrante, M; Copat, C; Avola, R; Li Volti, G; Salvaggio, A; By Raimondo, F; Palumbo, GA. INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF MOLECULAR SCIENCES; 2019; Vol. 20; Pages: 1 -13 [ Article ]